When creating dishes, I like to hold on to my heritage roots. One of my favorite desserts is Tiramisu (made with mascarpone cheese, sugar and espresso coffee, or a very strong brewed coffee).
We all know how well versatile chicken can be. That is why this recipe was so much fun to play with. Now, it was time to get those taste buds rolling. "Hey, lets combine the sweet and creamy taste of Italian Tiramisu with a comfort aromatic blend", I thought. Well, it worked. My family loved it. Give it a try!!! This recipe is certainly fit for a King.
Family tested and highly approved.
3 Tbs olive oil
8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
salt and pepper, to taste
6 cloves garlic, chopped
3 stalks scallions, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
3/4 cup coffee liqueur
1/4 cup brown sugar
6 basil leaves
1 cup chicken broth
8 ozs mascarpone cheese, warm
8 ozs fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 bag fresh spinach leaves
Favorite prepared rice
1. In large skillet, on med heat add oil. When oil is hot add seasoned chicken and brown on both sides. Remove from pan, cover and reserve for later
2. In same skillet add garlic and scallions. Sautee until soft.
3. Add coffee liqueur, to deglaze. Add brown sugar and basil, stir. Simmer for 2 mins.
4. Add contents of skillet to blender or food processor, puree.
5. Add mascarpone cheese to skillet and stir quickly. Add contents of blender back to skillet. Stir.
6. Add fresh mushrooms and spinach. Add chicken back to pan. Simmer for additional 15 mins.
Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
7. Serve with rice, garnished with additional scallions.