Wednesday, December 11, 2013
1 lb chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
3 TBS olive oil
8 ozs cream cheese
1 lb cheddar cheese (I use Velveeta)
5 ozs Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
1 oz envelope Hidden Valley Dips Original Ranch Dip Mix
1/2 fresh cilantro, chopped
8 ozs sour cream, room temperature
4 ozs blue cheese, crumbles
1 avocado, chopped
12 ozs bacon, fried and chopped
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup scallions, chopped (for garnish)
1 bag corn chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large skillet add oil and heat on medium.
3. Add chicken thighs. Cook until done. Remove from pan and chop fine or shred. Reserve grease.
4. Lower temperature. To skillet add cream cheese, cheddar, Tabasco Pepper Sauce. Simmer until cheese have melted. Stir to combine.
5. Add envelope of Hidden Valley Dip Mix and cilantro. Stir well
6. Add contents of skillet to small baking dish. Spread evenly. Add sour cream on top, spread evenly. Bake for 15 mins.
7. Prepare remaining ingredients. Arrange toppings, to your liking on top of dip. Garnish with cilantro and scallions. Serve with chips. Serves a party of 10
Monday, December 9, 2013
African Spice Blend
2 TBS Corriander, ground
2 TBS Cinnamon
2 TBS Cumin
2 TBS Cloves
2 TBS Onion Powder
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Garlic Powder
1 TBS Ground Ginger
1 TBS Cardamom
1 TBS Curry
1 TBS Cayenne
1 TBS Allspice
1 tsp Salt
2 TBS Peanut Butter for a paste. Add additional peanut butter for creaminess.