Thursday, July 31, 2014
1 lbs spaghetti, cooked
1/4 lb pancetta, sautéed (put aside and chopped)
2 cups chicken broth, warm
3 TBS butter
1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (reserve some to garnish)
1/4 cup basil (reserve some for garnish)
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 coarse black pepper, or to taste
4 eggs, plus one per serving
1. In large pot on high, heat water for pasta. Cook al dente. Drain
2. In medium size skillet sauté pancetta. Remove from heat chop. Reserve grease.
3. After draining pasta use same pan to heat broth. Add butter, cheese, basil, salt, pepper and 4 eggs. Whisk and cook eggs. Add spaghetti back into pan and toss. Add most of the pancetta, reserving some for garnish.
4. Fried one egg per person in skillet with pancetta grease. (you can strain grease to remove dark bits). Toss remaining grease into pasta.
5. Plate spaghetti into plate. Top with extra pancetta, cheese and basil and one egg.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Oatmeal Zucchini Waffles
2 cups ground oats
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups vanilla creamer
2 cups shredded zucchini
1. In food processor add oats. Pulse until ground well.
2. In large bowl add oats, baking powder, allspice, salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl add beaten eggs, butter, creamer and zucchini. Mix well.
4. In small non stick waffle iron, heat according to directions. Pour about 1/2 cup batter into center of iron. Cook until starts to brown. Flip and cook opposite side. (approx. 1-1 1/2 mins on each side). Repeat step 3 for each waffle. Cover to keep warm
5. Top with favorite style eggs
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
12 oz pasta, cooked and drained
1 stick butter
12 oz left over cooked chicken, chopped fine (breast or dark meat)
14.5 oz Glory Collard Greens (lower sodium), drained
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 bag corn chips
1. Drain collard greens well
2. Fill medium size sauce pan with water. Heat on high until it boils. Add pasta, stir and cook until pasta is done. Drain
3. In large skillet heat butter on med heat until melted
4. Add cooked chicken and drained collard greens, stir. Heat for 2 mins
5. Add cream cheese, cheddar and buffalo sauce. Stir until cheeses are completely melted and ingredients are all incorporated.
6. Add cooked pasta to skillet, stir. Add to serving bowl. Serve with corn chips.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
I was a finalist in the Door Country Cooking Contest. I entered my Tiramisu Chicken Recipe. Now, I am receiving 6 months of free coffee...yippie!!!! Now, what to do with all this coffee I will be receiving? Yes, I can drink it...that is a "no brainer". But I decided "lets have some fun". That is when I decided to create something yummy. Since I have tons of chocolate from my chocolate business, lets incorporate the two. This is what I came up with.
Chocolate Mocha Mousse
This is what you will need:
12 ounces high quality chocolate
4 eggs, room temp
2 tsp pure vanilla
3 tsp agave nectar
pinch of salt
8 ounces strong brewed coffee, hot
1. In food processor, chop chocolate to fine consistency.
2. Add eggs, blend well.
3. Add vanilla, agave and salt. Blend
4. While blending, pour in hot coffee.
5. Pour into individual serving cups or medium size bowl.
6. Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
7. Serve with whipped cream, fruit and/or chocolate covered espresso beans. (optional)