These muffins are gluten free. I use my gluten free four blend. I was inspired to make these muffins for the Ocean Spray Grapefruit Contest. I made a batch two days in a row. They are a huge hit with family and friends. Enjoy!!!
2 TBS butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cupcake papers into 12 count well pan. Spray papers with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
3. In medium size bowl whisk together butter, 3/4 cup sugar, egg, sour cream, oil, juice and vanilla until completely combined.
4. Add to bowl, salt baking powder, baking soda, flour, walnuts and blueberries. Mix thoroughly.
5. In small bowl mix together 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
6. Fill each paper 1/2 way with batter. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
7. Bake in oven for approx.. 12-14 mins or until done.
Note: Alternative method: Muffin papers and be filled with half the batter, then with sugar/cinnamon mixture and topped off with more batter.
Makes 12 Muffins