Thursday, June 23, 2016
Mocha Peanut Butter Four Layer Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mayo
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup peanut butter crunch coffee, strong (or favorite flavor)
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
12 oz peanut butter chips, melted
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
4 TBS butter, softened
1 cup half and half, warm
4 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar (approx)
Chocolate Coffee Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 TBS strong peanut butter crunch coffee
2 TBS half and half, warm
12 peanut butter cups, cut into 1/4 pieces
For cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Divide 1/2 of the batter into one round pan. Add remaining batter in second round pan. Bake approx 25-30 mins. Or until done. Remove from oven and cool. Remove from pan. Slice each round cake in half making four rounds.
3. Peanut Butter Frosting: Melt chips in microwave in safe bowl for approx 1 minute. Stir. Add to mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Whisk well.
4. Add frosting to top of one round. Spread evenly across cake. Add another cake round to top of frosted cake. Repeat process with other cake rounds. Note: Each layer should have frosting between. Frost top of cake and sides. Spread evenly and make it smooth. Chill cake for approx. 30 minutes. Add a second layer on top and sides of cake. Spread to make smooth. Reserve approx. 1/2 cup of frosting for piping design around bottom of cake. (optional)
5. Coffee Glaze: Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 mins. Stir. Stir in coffee and warm half and half. Pour glaze over top of cake allowing it to drool over the sides.
6. Place cut pieces of peanut butter cups in center of cake. Let sit for 30 mins before serving.