This pre-cooked Duck Confit is so tasty. It sits in it's own juice and marinates until ready to
be eaten. I picked the meat off the duck legs and incorporated it into this delicious potato frittata, packed with spices, herbs and cheese. I reserved the flavorful juice to make this creamy mushroom chasseur sauce to top the frittata. I added a little heat for a surprise kick. You can prepare this sauce thick or more juicy, it is your preference. The combination of flavors will be unitedly joined.
6 cups cubed potatoes, cooked
2 TBS duck fat
1 cup shallots, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lb duck confit, picked (reserve juice)
1/8 cup parsley, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
1/8 cup basil, chopped
1/2 cup coconut cream
8 eggs, beaten
8 ozs shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (divided, 1/2 for topping)
1 cup chopped tomatoes (slightly squeezed to remove juice and seeds)
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup shallots, chopped fine
1/2 tsp jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 TBS duck fat
1 TBS butter
1 tsp flour
juice from duck confit
1/4 cup coconut cream
1. Cook potatoes in water for approx 20 or until medium cooked. Do not over cook. Drain
2. Pick meat from duck legs. Place in bowl. Reserve juice
3. In large cast iron skillet heat on med/high duck fat. Add shallots, stir and cook until soft (approx 10 mins). Add garlic and cook for additional 3 mins. Season with salt and pepper, stir. Remove from burner.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. To bowl of duck meat, herbs, coconut cream, eggs, cheddar and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss. Add to skillet. Top with tomatoes. Slightly press down. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for approx 35 minutes or until done.
7. To make mushroom chasseur: In skillet add white wine. Heat on med until reduced to about 1/2. Add shallots, jalapeno and mushrooms and cook for additional 5 mins, or until mushrooms are cooked. Stir duck fat, butter and flour together in small cup or bowl. Add to mushrooms with remaining coconut cream, stir. Reduce temperature and simmer until your preference of thickness, approx. 3-5 mins.
8. Serve sliced frittata with mushroom chasseur sauce. Top with fresh parsley.