Monday, February 3, 2014
1 lb pasta cooked al dente, drained
3 Tbs olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 can white beans, with juice
1/2 stick butter, optional
1 can chicken broth
1/4 cup grated cheese, plus extra for topping
salt and pepper, to taste
Chop and Put aside:
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
2 Tbs red cherry peppers, diced
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juiced
1. Boil water for pasta. Cook pasta. Drain
2. While water is boiling for pasta, heat a large skillet (medium heat) with olive oil.
3. Add garlic and saute for few minutes.
4. Add beans, with juice and butter, stir.
5. Add chicken broth and grated cheese, stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Add contents to blend or food processor and puree. Mash or hand blender works well also. Lower temperature and simmer
6. Prep parsley, basil, sun dried tomatoes, cherry peppers, olives and zest. Set aside.
7. When pasta is done, drain and add to large skillet with bean puree, toss. Season, if needed.
8. Add prepared ingredients and toss.
9. Squeeze lemon juice on top, toss.
10. Serve with grated cheese
Note: This recipe is so versatile. You can add your favorite ingredients. I also use artichoke hearts. Yum!!!