Ingredients for Fish:
4 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 lbs Tilapia (or Cod)
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp course pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup almond, ground
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Ingredients for Sauce:
2 TBS olive oil
4 TBS butter
1/2 cup shallots, chopped
1/2 cup fennel stalk, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup anise flavored liqueur
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 TBS parsley, chopped (plus extra for topping)
2 TBS fennel leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat broiler. Brush Tilapia with oil. Season Tilapia with salt and pepper. Top with ground almonds. Place in greased baking dish almond side up. Broil for approx 8-10 mins or until done. Add lemon juice after removing from broiler.
2. Meanwhile on stove top, heat skillet with oil and butter. Add shallots, fennel, red bell peppers and garlic. Saute until soft. Approx. 10 mins.
3. Deglaze pan with wine and liqueur. Stir.
4. Add cream, stir. Let simmer and thicken in sauce
5. Add lemon zest and parsley, stir.
6. Serve sauce on top of Tilapia. Garnish with fennel leaves.