Sunday, October 5, 2014
Habanero Cheddar Potato Broccoli Bake
6 medium size red skin potatoes, washed and sliced approx. 1/4 inch rounds.
1/4 lb pancetta, fried and chopped
4 TBS butter, plus 4 TBS for topping
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
2 cups half and half, warm (I warm in microwave)
8 ozs habanero cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ozs sharp aged cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan
4 cups broccoli florets, fresh (cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
salt and crushed black pepper, to taste
1. Add sliced potato rounds to large pot or skillet of salted water. Boil on high heat for approx. 10 minutes or until starts to soften. Drain and put aside
2. In same skillet sauté pancetta until slightly crispy on both sides (approx. 3 mins each side) remove and put aside.
3. To skillet add 4 TBS butter, garlic and onions. Saute for 5 mins. Stir.
4. Add warm half and half and all cheeses. Stir until well combined.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Spray large baking casserole dish with cooking spray.
7. Layer potatoes across bottom and then broccoli. Season well with salt and pepper between each layer. Repeat adding layers with potatoes and broccoli.
8. Pour cheese mixture over top then chopped pancetta. Top with bread crumbs.
9. Bake in oven for approx. 40 minutes, covered lightly with foil. Remove foil halfway through baking.