Monday, November 12, 2012
This is my Butternut Squash recipe. I have been making butternut squash for years. Lately, I have been using ground up granola as a breading in my casseroles. I think it gives the casseroles that little bit of a hardy kick. It is really tasty and goes well with just about any vegetable.
1 large butternut squash, cubed
1 stick butter, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup grated cheese
3 basil leaves, large, chopped
1/4 pound american cheese
2 cups granola, ground
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In large casserole dish add 1/2 stick chopped butter
3. In large mixing bowl add squash, onion, garlic, grated cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
4. Add squash mixture to casserole dish
5. Layer American Cheese, then sprinkle ground granola. Pour broth over top and remaining butter.
6. Bake for approx. 1 hour.