Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Monday, June 27, 2016
These Berbere Ribs are a fantastic party/bbq food. You will be the hit of your get together with this killer recipe. These ribs are stuffed with char grilled jalapeños and cheddar cheese then secured around a rib with smoked bacon. The flavors are balanced with a sweet bbq sauce.
1 rack St Louis Style ribs, cleaned and trimmed
1 cup Berbere Spices
1 small bottle of cider vinegar
2 bottles beer
1/4 cup olive oil
6-8 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half, lengthwise (seeds removed)
8 ozs sharp cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces.
1 lb bacon, thin sliced
1 cup sweet bbq sauce
1. Preheat grill to 325-350 degrees.
2. Clean and trim ribs by removing extra fat and membrane. Pour or brush on cider vinegar on both sides of ribs. Season with salt and pepper. Rub Berbere spice on both sides of ribs. Place ribs on rack and place on baking sheet. Place baking rack in center of hot grill. Pour 1 bottle of beer into baking sheet (for moisture). Cover with aluminum foil. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Remove foil from ribs, with cover down cook for another 45-60 mins. Remove from grill. Slice ribs between the bones.
3. Slices jalapeños. Brush with olive oil and place on grill. Cook for approx. 3 mins on each side to char. Season with salt.
4. To assemble ribs: Place cheese on top of rib meat. Place pepper on top of cheese. Wrap bacon around to hold together. Brush with bbq sauce. Grill for approx. 5 mins per side, making sure all sides are grilled. Add additional bbq sauce, if needed.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mayo
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup peanut butter crunch coffee, strong (or favorite flavor)
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
12 oz peanut butter chips, melted
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
4 TBS butter, softened
1 cup half and half, warm
4 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar (approx)
Chocolate Coffee Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 TBS strong peanut butter crunch coffee
2 TBS half and half, warm
12 peanut butter cups, cut into 1/4 pieces
For cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Divide 1/2 of the batter into one round pan. Add remaining batter in second round pan. Bake approx 25-30 mins. Or until done. Remove from oven and cool. Remove from pan. Slice each round cake in half making four rounds.
3. Peanut Butter Frosting: Melt chips in microwave in safe bowl for approx 1 minute. Stir. Add to mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Whisk well.
4. Add frosting to top of one round. Spread evenly across cake. Add another cake round to top of frosted cake. Repeat process with other cake rounds. Note: Each layer should have frosting between. Frost top of cake and sides. Spread evenly and make it smooth. Chill cake for approx. 30 minutes. Add a second layer on top and sides of cake. Spread to make smooth. Reserve approx. 1/2 cup of frosting for piping design around bottom of cake. (optional)
5. Coffee Glaze: Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 mins. Stir. Stir in coffee and warm half and half. Pour glaze over top of cake allowing it to drool over the sides.
6. Place cut pieces of peanut butter cups in center of cake. Let sit for 30 mins before serving.