Creamy, earthy, lemony shrimp risotto. Enjoy the flavors as all these ingredients come to life.
Ingredients:32 ozs chicken broth
4 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup shallots, chopped fine
1/2 cup leeks, sliced
1/2 cup fennel, chopped small
1 cups celery, chopped fine
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
2 bay leaves
2 cherry peppers, chopped
1 lb medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 2 cups)
3 TBS butter
1 lemon, juiced and zested (plus extra for garnish)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
5-6 large basil leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
1/4 tsp salt, or to liking
1/4 tsp coarse pepper, or to liking
Garnish with lemon wedge, basil leaves and celery leaves
1. Add broth to large pot. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce down to low to keep hot
2. In large skillet on stove top heat oil on med/high heat. Add shallots, leeks, fennel, celery and garlic. Stir. Saute for 10-12 mins. Add rice, stir. Saute for additional 5 mins.
3. Pour in wine, scraping bottom to loosen any flavor. Add bay leaves. Stir.
4. Add broth 1 cup at a time to rice. Let it cook down until 1/2 liquid is cooked out. Whisk fast to make creamy. Repeat process by adding 1 cup at a time until rice becomes done. Approx. 15-18 mins. Remove bay leaves.
5. Add shrimp and eggs, cook until shrimp turn pink. Approx. 5 mins. Add additional broth if needed.
6. Add butter, lemon juice, zest, cheese and basil. Stir. Taste before adding salt and pepper. Add additional broth, if needed.
Serves 4 - Serve in separate bowls