Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Kozy Chicken and Broccoli
olive oil, for sauteing
8 chicken thighs
1 cup celery, thinly diced
1 cup onion, thinly diced
3 garlic cloves, large, chopped
1/8 cup white cooking wine, for deglazing
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 cups broccoli, fresh, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 large container of Kozy Shack "original" Rice Pudding
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large skillet over medium heat add oil and chicken, cover and cook until done. Remove from
pan. Keep warm.
2. To skillet add celery, onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
3. Add cooking wine to deglaze pan.
4. Add mushrooms and broccoli, cook until soft. Add a bit of water, if needed to prevent burning.
5. In microwavable bowl whisk together broth, rice pudding and cheese. Heat in microwave for 2
6. Add chicken back to pan and contents of bowl, stir to blend.
7. Add salt and pepper, to taste
8. Simmer until completely hot, stirring. Serve