Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Pineapple Sauce


 Pineapple Sauce served warm is just the best thing on this planet.  Okay, so why pineapple sauce, you may ask.  Because it is easier than making apple sauce and because it just goes with ham.  Did I say that it was also delicious?  I used canned pineapple packed in juice, not syrup.  Yes, it makes a difference to me.  Just add a few simple ingredients, and before you know it, it's done.  I served this sauce with my Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham, Roasted Honey Butter Carrots, and Whipped Mashed Potatoes.  

Ingredients:
20 can crushed pineapple (with juice)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
1.  Add all ingredients to a medium-size saucepan, stir well.  Heat on medium-high until pineapple starts to boil.  Reduce temperature to low and let simmer until desired thickness, approx. 5 mins.  
Note:  Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment