2 lbs chicken thighs
6 cups water
2 Tbs chicken base
6 carrots, peeled and diced
3 parsnips, peeled and diced
3 large celery stalks, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 large garlic cloves
1 Tbs herbs de provence (with lavender) (I make my own, see recipe on this blog)
4 Tbs butter (1/2 stick)
2 Tbs flour
1. Boil chicken in water until cooked. Remove chicken to cool.
2. In same large pot add all ingredients (except butter and flour) to broth and simmer on med heat until vegetables are almost soft.
3. In small pan melt butter, add flour and stir creating a roux. Cook for few mins. Add to pot with vegetables, stirring.
4. Pick chicken carefully from bone and place meat back into pot with vegetables, mix. Discard bones.
5. Add all contents of large pot to casserole dish.
6. Add drops of biscuit dough on top, as shown in picture. Bake for 20 mins then broil for addition 10 mins to brown. Biscuit recipes below:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut butter into mixture. Add buttermilk. Mix well.
- 2. Drop on top of your Chicken Soup mixture in large casserole dish.
- 3. Bake for 20 mins then broil for addition 10 mins to brown.