Saturday, August 11, 2012
Lobster Mac and Cheese
1 lb cooked pasta ( I like medium shells) Cooked a little harder than al dente.
Note: Pasta will cook further in sauce when baked in oven.
3 lobster tails, raw
1/2 stick butter
4 Tbs olive oil
1 cup milk or half and half
8 ozs cheddar cheese
8 ozs american cheese ( I like Land o' Lakes)
1/8 cup grated cheese (I use combo of Romano and Parm)
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1/8 cup wine cooking wine
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups crushed potato chips or ritz cracker. (We used Lay's Honey BBQ Chips) Ritz work great too.
1. Use medium sauce pan, heat butter and oil on low heat.
2. Add tails and saute until turns pink, remove from pan
3. Add milk, cheeses, bouillon and wine, simmer on low until cheeses are melted.
4. Peel lobster meat from shell, dice and add to sauce, stir.
5. add salt and pepper, to taste
6. Add cooked pasta to sauce, stir
7. Add to baking dish
8. Add crushed chips to top of mac.
Bake until crumbs are crispy. Approx. 20 mins.
Note: Because of the salt content in ingredients, make sure to test dish before adding additional salt.