Red Lentil and Flax Seed Pasta
with anchovy and prosciutto
in a vodka cream sauce
This recipe was pretty cool to make. Combination of all these wonderful flavors going on. You have the salty from the anchovies, smoky from the prosciutto, nutty from the lentils and flax seeds and rich and creamy from the cream cheese. A delightful dish!!!! Why don't you give it a try.
1 cup Red Lentil
1/2 cup flax seeds
1 small onion, chopped
12 oz prosciutto, or other bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 ozs anchovies, packed in olive oil
1/4 cup vodka
1 can (28 ozs) crushed tomatoes
1-1 1/2 cans water, (use empty crushed tomato can)
3 large basil leaves, chopped
4 ozs cream cheese, (half package)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large skillet, on medium heat, saute lentils and flax seeds in olive oil.
2. Add onion and prosciutto, saute until prosciutto is slightly crispy.
3. Add garlic and anchovies, saute for few mins.
4. Add vodka..stirring to deglaze pan.
5. Add tomatoes, water and basil, stir and simmer covered for 1 hour (or until lentils are soft)
6. Stir in cream cheese and grated cheese, taste.
7. Add salt and pepper, according to taste.
8. Simmer, covered while water for favorite pasta cooks.