2 1/2 cups flour (I use my gluten free flour blend) (see recipe below)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 sticks cold butter (cut into 1 TBS pieces)
8 TBS very cold water
1 can Lucky Leaf Apple Pie filling
4 ozs brie cheese, cut into 1/2 tsp chunks
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 TBS vanilla
chopped walnuts for topping
2. In bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. In food processor blend together flour and butter. Pulse 1 TBS of butter at a time. Add water, 1 TBS at a time. Pulse until fully blended. Remove and knead on floured, clean surface for 5 mins. (or add dough to kitchen aide to knead).
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for min. of 1 hour.
5. Roll dough out and cut approx. 4 inch rounds using cookie cutter. Place 1 TBS of apple filling and brie cheese chunk into center of each dough round. Fold over and seal ends.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven on greased cookie sheet for approx. 30 mins. Let cool.
7. In bowl add confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Add milk, little at a time until thin enough to drizzling. Drizzle icing across each mini pie. Top with walnuts before icing dries.
Gluten Free Flour Blend:
4 cups Rice Flour
1 1/3 cup potato starch or corn starch
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp xanthan gum