Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Super Moist Cheddar Corn Casserole
1 cup flour (for gluten free, use GF flour)
1/2 cup sugar (adjust more or less to your liking)
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
3 Tbs butter, melted
1/3 cup vegetable oil
16 ozs creamed corn
16 ozs sweet corn
1 small red bell pepper, chopped fine
8 ozs shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease large cast iron skillet
2. In large mixing bowl add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt and baking powder)
3. In separate bowl add egg, beat. Add sour cream, butter, oil and creamed corn. Mix well.
4. Add remaining corn and bell pepper. Mix well. Fold in Cheese.
5. Pour into greased cast iron. Bake for approx. 20-25 mins.
Note: Casserole will be wet and moist, but slightly browned on top
Jalapenos may be added for heat.