Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Sea Salt Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 TBS vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
4 ozs cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup caramel sauce, room temperature
8 ozs dark chocolate morsels, melted
1/4 cup sea salt
1. In mixer cream together sugar, vanilla, butter and cream cheese for approx 2 mins with mixing whisk, or use hand mixer.
2. Add flour and salt. Mix well to incorporate. Approx 1-2 mins
3. Remove from mixing bowl. Knead for 2 mins. Shape into roll, approx 2 inches wide. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 mins. Dough can be refrigerated overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet. Slice dough approx. 1/8 - 1/4 thick. Bake 10-12 mins. Remove from oven and cool completely. Repeat process for remaining dough.
5. Place cookies on wax paper. Drizzle caramel sauce over top of cookie.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Drizzle over top of caramel. Quickly sprinkle sea salt on top of chocolate before chocolate starts to set. Let toppings set before stacking to serve or wrap.