Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2018

Blueberry Lemon Muffins



I think we all know and leaned about using mayo in cakes.  My favorite chocolate cake recipe is the chocolate mayonnaise cake.  In fact, when someone asks me for a gluten free cake recipe I always refer the Mayonnaise Cake.  It is so moist and delicious.
I have my Mother-In-Law visiting us this week.  Every morning after we wake up,  the first thing we do is run to the coffee maker.  Yes, we both love our coffee.
I remember when we first met, I would go to her house, in the morning and she would always put on a fresh pot of coffee.  She always had some kind of muffins baking, in the oven.  I remember corn muffins, chocolate chip muffins and also blueberry muffins.  It sure did smell good when I walked into her house.
Yesterday, was a day we were sitting around waiting for the delivery man to deliver my new desk.  As  my MIL sat at the kitchen counter, we talked about her muffins.  That is when it dawned on me, that I had fresh blueberries in the fridge I needed to use up.  I was telling her about the Hellman's Contest and how I wanted to enter a recipe, but I needed to use mayo.  I have used mayo before, in cake recipes so why not blueberry muffins.  I made some big ones and also minis, because I was expecting my little 20 month old Granddaughter.  She just loves to hold mini muffins in her hand and eat them.
The Blueberry Muffins came out amazing.  They were so super moist and delicious.  I also shared them with the delivery guys, who were very happy to receive one, each.
#Hellmans, #foodfrommemories, #ContestEntry

Blueberry Muffins

16 ozs flour ( I used gluten free)
3 TBS baking powder
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS lemon zest, plus 1 TBS juice
2 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.  In medium size mixing bowl swift and add flour and baking powder
3.  Whisk in mayonnaise, sugar, lemon zest, juice, buttermilk and salt.
4.  Fold in blueberries.
5.  Add to greased muffin cavities.  Fill 3/4 way up to top.
6.  Bake for 20-22 mins, or until done

Makes approx. 18 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment