Friday, September 14, 2012
Fruity Flounder with Strawberry Balsamic Reduction
4-6 Flounder Fillets
1 pkg strawberries, (fresh and cleaned with stems removed) Reserve 4-6 large pieces for garnish
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbs brown sugar
salt to taste
1 cup each of assorted fruit (oranges, apples, blueberries) (washed and sliced)
1. Broil fish in oven until flaky. Remove and cover
2. Place strawberries, vinegar, sugar and salt in small sauce pan. Stir and simmer on medium heat, 5 mins and pour into food processor or blender to puree
3. Return to pan and simmer on low until thickens.
4. Prepare fruit and assemble on plate.
5. Drizzle strawberry reduction on plate and place fish on top. Serve
Makes 4-6 servings.