Thursday, December 27, 2012
Goat Cheese Crepe Ravioli
2 cups flour
1 cup beef broth (from 32 oz carton) remaining broth will be used in sauce
1 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1. Whisk all ingredients in large mixing bowl
2. Heat small round non stick pan on low/med heat, sprayed with cooking spray between each crepe
3. Ladle enough batter to bottom of pan, tilting pan so batter thinly covers bottom of pan
4. Crepe is finished when it can easily be removed from pan. To remove gently flip pan over a piece of wax paper so crepe releases from pan. Seperate each crepe between a clean piece of wax paper.
5. Cover and put aside
Makes approximately 10 crepes
Goat Cheese Filling:
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 Tbs fresh chopped parsely
salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for Goat Cheese mixture:
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl, refrigerate until ready to use.
olive oil for sauteing
2 Tbs butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 cups raisins or chopped dates
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary
beef broth, remaining from the 32 oz carton
1/4 cup white cooking wine
2 Tbs flour
8 ozs mushrooms, sliced
1. Add oil and butter to large saute pan, heat on med
2. Add garlic and onion, saute until soft
3. Add raisins, parsely and rosemary, saute for additional few mins
4. Add contents of saute pan to small food processor or blender and puree. Add broth to loosen, if needed.
5. Add wine to saute pan to deglaze, stir.
6. Add puree back to saute pan, stir to incorporate
7. Whisk in flour
8. Add mushroom, stir
9. Reduce heat to low and simmer while assembling crepes.
To assemble Crepe Ravioli: Approximately 10 crepes
1. With a knife, divide filling in half in bowl. Each half of filling will make 5 crepes, total of 10
2. Fill center of each crepe with approx. 1 Tbs of filling.
3. Fold one side of crepe over filling, fold opposite side over filling. Now fold over both ends to center creating a little pillow.
4. Place folded side down into large, greased baking dish.
5. Pour sauce over top of crepe ravioli, moving each ravioli gently so sauce gets underneath each ravioli
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approx. 30 mins.