2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs butter, optional
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup leeks, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 cups avocado, diced (1/2 cup reserved for Pico de Gallo)
2 cups white bean, cooked (1/2 cup reserved for Pico de Gallo)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (reserve 1/4 cup for Pico de Gallo)
3 limes, juiced and zest
32 ozs chicken broth (or vegetable broth) (reserve 1/2 for pureeing)
1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
2 Tbs red onion, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large saute pan heat oil and butter on med. heat.
2. Add garlic, leeks and celery, cook until soft.
3. Add avocado, white beans, cilantro, lime juice (from 2 limes) and broth. Heat slightly
4. Add contents of saute pan to blender or food processor. Blend till smooth. Add remaining broth as needed.
5. Return to saute pan, simmer on low. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Serve in soup bowl, add 1-2 spoonfuls of Pico de Gallo to center and garnish with lime zest.
White Bean Pico de Gallo:
To bowl add remaining avocado, beans, cilantro, juice from 1 lime, tomato, red onion, salt and pepper.