Monday, February 25, 2013
Cucumber Cilantro Lime Potatoes
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
3 cups water
1 lb red skin potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
4 Tbs olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lime, juice and zest
1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Add onion and garlic to blender, puree. Add to medium sauce pan. Add water to blender to get out all remaining flavor, blend. Add to sauce pan. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add sliced potatoes. Make sure water is covering potatoes. Bring potatoes to a boil. Cook for 10 mins. Drain
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Arrange sliced potatoes onto large non-stick cookie sheet. Do not over lap. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until brown (approx 20-30 mins).
6. Place on serving plate. Squeeze lime juice over top of potatoes. Sprinkle zest and cilantro. Top with sour cream. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.