This is just a recipe I threw together. The measurements are not exact.
1 lbs spaghetti, preparred
1 lb ricotta cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
drizzle olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
4 Tbs onion, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes (optional, sun dried tomatoes)
1 bag fresh spinach
2 Tbs fresh basil, diced
1/4 cup grated cheese.
1. Heat large pot of water for pasta, cook pasta (Do not over cook)
2. In small bowl add egg and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper (fresh basil and grated cheese, optional)
3. In large skillet add about 3-4 Tbs olive oil and heat on medium.
4. Add garlic, onion and tomatoes, stir.
5. Add spinach and basil. Cook down for few minutes
6. Drain pasta, IMPORTANT: When draining pasta reserve some hot water in pan (about 1/2 cup)
(The hot water will assure the egg fully cooking)
7. Toss spaghetti with ricotta mixture IMMEDIATELY. (Optional, add olive oil for extra flavor)
8. Toss, spinach mixture with spaghetti, serve.
9. Top with additioanl grated cheese.