1/3 cup toasted flax seeds (see instructions below).
1 cup quinoa cooked in chicken broth.
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
3-4 Tbs parsley, fresh, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup grated cheese, optional
Note: Toasting Flax Seed:
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Place 1/3 cup flax seeds on cookie sheet. Bake for 4-5 mins, stirring.
1. In medium sauce pan add quinoa, juice from lemon and 2 cups of chicken broth, stir. Cover and cook until all liquid has cooked out.
2. In large saute pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
3. Add onion and garlic, cook until soft.
4. Add black olives, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper, stir.
5. Add cooked quinoa and toasted flaxseed to saute pan, stir.
6. Add grated cheese, stir. (optional)