Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Chicken and Sausage Cacciatore
1/4 cup olive oil, for sautéing
1 lb hot Italian sausage
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 medium red bell, sliced
1 medium yellow bell, sliced
6 cloves garlic, chopped
8 ozs mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup grated cheese
4 large basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb favorite pasta, cooked (al dente), drained
1. In large skillet on medium heat add oil.
2. Add sausage and chicken, brown until done. Remove from pan, cover
3. To skillet add, onion, peppers, garlic and mushrooms. Sautee until partially soft. Stir
4. Add wine to skillet to deglaze.
5. In large baking dish add sausage, chicken and contents from skillet.
6. Add olives, tomatoes, grated cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Stir
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
8. Serve with favorite pasta.