Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Oats and Flax Seed Granola Bars
4 cups oats
1 cup flax seeds
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup turbinado sugar or brown sugar
1/3 cup blue agave sugar
1/3 cup honey
6 TBS butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped dates
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On two large cookies sheets spread oats, flax seeds and pecans. Toast for 6 mins. Remove from oven and place in extra large mixing bowl.
3. In medium size saucepan add peanut butter, sugars, honey and butter. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in vanilla, cranberries and dates. Pour contents of saucepan to oats in mixing bowl.
5. Grease one large cookie sheet.
6. Add mixture to cookie sheet and spread evenly, pressing firm to seal throughout cookie sheet.
7. Bake in oven for approx. 6-8 mins, or until starts to slightly brown. Remove and cool. Cut into bars.