Monday, June 17, 2013
Lentil Turkey Meatballs and Sauerkraut
Olive oil for sautéing
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp lavender, dry
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup white wine
2 TBS parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup season bread crumbs
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup lentils, cooked
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 can chicken broth
1. Add about 4 TBS oil to large skillet. Heat on medium heat until hot
2. Add onion and garlic, cook until onions become translucent. Add lavender and parsley, stir.
3. Deglaze with wine
4. In large mixing bowl add egg, cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, lentils, ground turkey and half of onion mixture. (reserve other half in small bowl, for later use). Mix well. Roll into meatballs.
5. In same skillet add addition oil for frying (approx. 1/4 cup). Fry all meatballs until completely brown. Add additional oil if needed.
6. To skillet add reserved onion mixture, sauerkraut and broth. Cover and simmer 10 mins.