Friday, June 7, 2013
Wild Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
4 boneless pork chops
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbs butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 white cooking wine
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 cups wild rice, cooked
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
12 oz Green Giant frozen corn, warm
1 can sauerkraut, drained
1 cup Sargento Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
1. In large skillet, heat fry oil
2. Beat eggs in small bowl.
3. Add bread crumbs to separate bowl.
4. Dip chops in egg and then coat both sides with bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Fry on both sides until done. (Does not need to be fully cooked. Chops will continue to cook, later) Remove from pan, cover to keep warm.
5. Add butter, onion and garlic to skillet, stir and cooked 5 mins.
6. Deglaze pan with cooking wine, stir.
7. Add bbq sauce, stir.
8. Add rice, parsley, corn and sauerkraut, toss. Add remaining leftover bread crumbs to top of mixture. Then add leftover egg to top of bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper, toss.
9. Make four wells in mixture. Place chops back into skillet into each well. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese. Cover and simmer for 10 mins on low heat
Makes 4 servings.