This is my Corned Beef and Sauerkraut Potato Salad. Seasoned with pickling spices and tangy Thousand Island Dressing, tossed with chucks of Swiss Cheese and Red Potatoes. Smok'in in crispy bacon for a satisfying and comfort pleasure.
This recipe is too yummy to pass up.
You can use leftover corned beef or deli corned beef.
2 lbs red potatoes. Cubed, cooked until soft then drained
12 ounces bacon. Sautéed, removed from pan (reserve 1/4 cup bacon fat)
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp pickling spice
3 TBS cider vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar (or according to taste)
14.5 ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 lb corned beef, cubed
1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
1 lb Swiss cheese, cubed
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper, or to taste
1. Cook potatoes in large pot until soft, drain.
2. In large non stick skillet over med/high heat sauté bacon until crispy on both sides. Remove from skillet. Cover until ready to use. Remove all but 1/4 cup bacon fat from skillet.
3. Add onion to skillet. Stir. Sautee until soft. Approx. 5-7 mins.
4. Add garlic and pickling spice. Stir. Sautee for 2-3 mins.
5. Add vinegar and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Approx. 2 mins
6. Add sauerkraut, corned beef and dressing. Stir to combine.
7. Toss in Swiss Cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm
Makes approx. 5-6 servings