12 ozs bacon, fried
2 cups celery, chopped
2 cups onion, chopped
1 cup bell peppers, chopped (assorted colors)
1 parsnip, peeled and diced
5 med red potatoes, cubed small
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 ears corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup white wine
1 stick butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 can coconut cream
5 sprigs thyme
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp course black pepper
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In large skillet on medium heat saute bacon. When crispy, remove and cover to keep warm.
2. In same skillet using bacon grease add celery, onions, peppers, parsnip and potatoes. Saute until veggies become soft. (approx. 15 mins). Add garlic and corn. Saute for additional 5 mins.
3. Deglaze pan with wine, stir and cook out for 5 mins. Lower temperature if too high.
4. Add butter, let melt. Stir. Add chicken broth and coconut cream, stir. Add thyme, parsley, cayenne pepper and paprika. Let simmer med/low bringing back up to temperature.
5. Add cheddar cheese, stir. Turn temperature down to low and simmer until cheese melts. Approx. for 5 mins.
6. In large bowl add shrimp, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/8 tsp paprika and 2 TBS olive oil. Toss. Grill shrimp on non stick skillet or pan grill until done. Approx. 3-4 mins per side. Remove.
7. Taste soup, season with salt and pepper to liking. Make sure all veggies are soft.
8. Serve soup with grilled shrimp. Garnish with additional herbs and/or fresh peppers.