Sunday, February 22, 2015
Cheese Toasted BBQ Sirloin Bacon Sloppy
8 thick slice bacon, fried (put aside) cut in half
4 TBS oil (bacon grease option)
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped fine
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TBS brown sugar
3 cups sirloin, cubed small
1 cup bbq sauce
8 slices bread
8 TBS butter, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Fry bacon, put aside
2. In large skillet (using bacon grease), heat on med/high heat. Add onion, sautee for 5 mins or until soft. Stir.
3. Add garlic. Sautee for additional 3 mins. Stir.
4. Add roasted peppers, stir and heat. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add sugar, stir and dissolve (2 mins).
6. Add sirloin and stir. Sautee until brown. Approx. 4 - 5 mins.
7. Add bbq sauce. Stir and heat for approx. 3 -4 mins.
8. Heat large non stick skillet on med/high heat.
9. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Add shredded cheese to buttered side, pressing gently to stick. Add butter/cheese side facing down onto skillet. Add approx. 1/2 cup sirloin mixture and two slices of bacon. Add remaining buttered slice of bread to skillet, topping meat and making sandwich. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, pressing gently.
10. Grill until start to toast and brown. (approx. 3 -4 mins) Flip over to toast opposite side.