Sunday, February 1, 2015
Banana Curry Pork with Grilled Pear and Brie
8 bonesless, pork chops, (approx. 1 inch thick), seasoned with salt and pepper
3 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small habanero pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp corriander
4 TBS butter
1 small very ripe banana
1 tsp flour
1 cup coconut milk
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp course black pepper
15 oz can pear halves, juice reserved (yields approx 1 cup juice)
1/2 cup cream brie, warm
cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Grill chops approx. 7-8 mins on each side. Cover, put aside.
2. Drain pears and reserve juice. Grill pears to achieve grill marks (approx 5 mins). Cover, put aside.
3. In large skillet over med/high heat add oil. Heat for 2 mins.
4. Add onions, garlic and habanero pepper. Stir and sautee for approx. 4-5 mins.
5. Add cumin, tumeric, cinnamon, corriander and butter. Stir. When butter melts stir again.
6. Add flour and stir. Let sit for few mins.
7. Add coconut milk, lemon juice and 1 cup pear juice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for approx. 5-7 mins.
8. Add sauce to blender to puree.
9. To Plate: Add sauce to dish. Top with pork chop then grilled pear. Drizzle with warm brie cheese. Add cilantro sprigs for garnish.
Note: Brie cheese can be warmed in microwave for just a few minutes. Stir, then drizzle.