Thursday, January 29, 2015
Not just your Fiesta Bowl Chili
3 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 lbs ground bison
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup Riunite Lambrusco
2 - 14.5 oz cans Delmonte chili style tomatoes
2 - 14.5 oz cans Delmonte diced tomatoes
2 - 16 oz cans chili beans
1 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Habanero Cheddar, shredded
1/4 cup each:
fresh cilantro leaves
chopped bell pepper
sliced cherry tomatoes
1. In large cast iron skillet heat oil on medium/high heat.
2. Add celery, onions and peppers. Sautee for 8-10 mins or until starts to brown.
3. Add bison and garlic. Stir. Saute until meat turns brown. Approx. 10 mins.
4. Deglaze pan with wine, stir.
5. Add all cans of tomatoes, beans, hot sauce, chili powder, cumin and cilantro. Season with salt. Black course pepper is optional. Stir and simmer for 25-30 mins.
6. Serve in bowl. Garnish with favorite toppings. Season top with sea salt.