Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

Ruby Red Poached Salmon



I had the opportunity to visit a local Orange Grove the other day, with my beautiful Granddaughters, Liliana and Bella. As I did, when my children were little, we walked around exploring all the different types of fruits and had many samples. I asked the girls to pick one item, that we would return home and use, in a special dish we would create. They couldn't resist the sweet taste of the fresh squeezed Ruby Red Grapefruit juice. That is when I came up with the idea to use salmon, since I knew it worked well in my orange juice recipe. The girls were amazed to see how easy this recipe was to make.


INGREDIENTS

  • 1pound 4 oz salmon fillet pieces
  • 1cup Ruby Red Grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
  • 1teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped or puree
  • 3tablespoons local honey

1.

In a small non-stick skillet pan on high heat add grapefruit juice, ginger and honey. Season with salt and coarse black pepper. Stir well. Reduce liquid down by about 1/2 (approx. 10 mins). Liquid will become thickened. Reduce heat to medium.

2.

Season salmon steaks with salt and coarse black pepper. Add salmon, skin side down to skillet. Poach in liquid until you see the salmon starting to cook and change color in center. Flip salmon over and poach other side. Liquid will be thickened and start to caramelize. Cook for approx. 7-9 mins depending on thickness

No comments:

Post a Comment