Monday, January 5, 2015
Ricotta Asiago Cheesecake with Strawberries and Balsamic Reduction
8 oz Il Villaggio Ricotta Salata Toscanella
4 oz butter, room temperature
1/2 cup milk
6 egg yolks, beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBS lemon juice
2/3 cup flour
4 oz Il Villaggio Asiago D'Allevo Vecchio, shredded
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup white sugar
Powdered Sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12 inch round spring form pan.
2. In large bowl whisk together ricotta and butter until blended well. Add milk, whisk to combine.
3. In two small bowl separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat yolks and add to large bowl with salt vanilla, lemon juice, flour and Asiago. Whisk well.
4. In medium size bowl or kitchen aid mixer add egg white, cream of tartar and 1/4 cup white sugar. Mix until firm peak forms. (Approx. 5 mins) Add remaining sugar and continue mixing for additional 1-2 mins. Add to large bowl and fold egg whites into cheese batter until completely combined.
5. Pour into spring form pan. Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until set and golden brown on top. Open oven door and let sit for additional 30-45 mins in oven. Remove from oven. Serve room temperature with strawberries and balsamic reduction (recipe below). Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar
Strawberry Balsamic Reduction:
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup Il Villaggio Premium Aceto Balsamic Di Modena
2 TBS white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Add balsamic, sugar and salt to medium sauce pan. Heat on high to rolling bowl. Stir to prevent sugar from burning. Reduce liquid down to about half. Drizzle on slice of cake and serve with fresh strawberries.