Thursday, January 29, 2015
Caramelized Ruby Red Salmon Steaks with Dill Sauce
1/2 lb bacon, fried (reserve grease)
1/2 cup Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (plus 4 TBS)
3 TBS honey
4 Salmon Steaks
1 bag fresh spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TBS fresh dill
1. Fry bacon in medium size non-stick skillet on medium/high heat. Remove from pan, cover. Reserve grease in small bowl.
2. In same skillet with some bacon grease add 1/2 cup grapefruit juice and honey. Stir and heat on medium heat for 1-3 mins. Will start to caramelize.
3. Add Salmon Steaks to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on both sides for approx. 4-6 minutes or until done. With tongs, gently flip and completely cover salmon with caramelized sauce. Remove and place on serving dish. Cover
4. Add 2 TBS grapefruit juice to skillet, crumbled bacon and spinach. With tongs, toss to slightly wilt spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To make Dill Sauce: In small bowl add sour cream, dill and 2 TBS grapefruit juice, season with salt and pepper. Stir.
Makes 4 servings