Toasted Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Manicotti
with Cilantro Ranch Sauce
1 cup flour (I use gluten free)
1 cup water
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
Note: This recipe makes approxiately 10 crepes
5 Jalapeno peppers, cut in half lenthwise
4 ozs cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
10 strips bacon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use gluten free)
2 TBS parmesan cheese
Cilantro Ranch Sauce:
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp roasted garlic
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp course black pepper
1. In large bowl whisk together all ingredients for crepes until all lumps are out.
2. Heat a small round non stick skillet on med/high heat.
3. Laddle about 1/4 cup batter in center of skillet. Swirl pan around to thin out batter around bottom of skillet. Place on burner and let cook until crepe starts to remove itself from edge of skillet. (approx 30 seconds) You will know crepe is done when you can gently shake skillet and crepe loosens. Flip onto a sheet of wax paper. Repeat process.
4. Fill each half of jalapeno pepper with approx. 1/2 -3/4 tsp cream cheese. Place sliced jalapeno in center of crepe. Add approx 2 TBS shredded cheddar on top of pepper. Fold one side of crepe over top of pepper (securing cheese). Tuck in sides and roll to close. Should resemble an eggroll shape.
5. Wrap 1 strip of bacon around folded crepe on an angle, not overlapping bacon, to secure closure of crepe. Repeat process for remaining manicotti.
6. Add eggs to bowl, beat. Add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in separate bowl. Mix
7. Roll each manicotti into egg mixture covering completely. Then roll each manicotti into seasoned bread crumbs. Place on slightly greased sheet pan.
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake for approx. 15-20 mins or until bacon starts to brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing.
9. To make sauce: Add all ingredients to small food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Note: If non stick skillet is a good one cooking spray between each cooked crepe will not be necessary.
Recipe makes 10 manicotti (20 pieces, cut in half)