Monday, June 15, 2015
Wild Rice and Beef Cheesy Soup
2 c wild rice, cooked
4 tbs Canola Oil
2 lbs beef stew chunks
1 1/2 c celery, chopped
1/2 large spanish onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbs flour
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
32 oz beef broth
2 c frozen peas, thawed
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
1 c shredded mild cheddar cheese
1. In large skillet add oil. Heat on med/high heat
2. Add beef. Season with salt and pepper. Sear until brown on all sides (approx 10 mins).
3. Add celery, onions and garlic. Saute 10 mins. Stir
4. Sprinkle flour over top to meat and veggies. Stir and saute for approx 5 mins.
5. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar. Scape bottom of pan to loosen any stuck pieces of meat or veggies.
6. Add beef broth and peas. Stir and simmer until thickened (approx. 20 mins)
7. Add parsley and cheese. Stir or whisk cheese into broth until dissolved. Serve in individual bowls. Top with 1/4 cup of wild rice.