This is my Italian Chicola Bread. Chicola means Pork fat. What better flavor of a bread but to rub pork meat and fat all over your dough, stuff it and then bake it...yum!!!
20 ozs favorite pizza dough. (I buy dough from my pizza parlor) 20 ozs is equivalent to an extra large pizza
1 lb bacon, fried (reserve all fat)
1/2 lb pancetta
1/2 lb prosciutto
1/2 lb capicola
1 lb provolone cheese
1 TBS course black pepper
1/2 TBS sea salt
1. Reserve dough on clean surface. Cover and let sit for about 1 hour, bringing to room temperature
2. Fry bacon. Break into small pieces in bowl. Reserve grease.
3. Sautee pancetta in same pan, slightly for just 2 mins on each side. Chop into small pieces
4. When dough is ready roll out into an oblong shape (approx. 1/4 inch thick). Rub half bacon and grease over one side of dough, pressing so bacon adheres to dough. Season with half of the salt and pepper. Flip dough over and add additional bacon and grease to other side, pressing to adhere bacon then season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle chopped pancetta on side facing up. Then add across the dough the prosciutto, capicola and provolone. Make sure to leave at least one inch along the edges to seal.
6. Roll dough like a jelly roll, sealing all edges. Season top of bread with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 mins or until starts to brown.