Thursday, May 10, 2012
Artisan Blackberry Lambrusco French Toast
1 cup Lambrusco red wine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBS butter
1 cup blackberries, fresh
pinch sea salt
2 Egg Land's Best Eggs
4 slices Artisan Bread, or other thick sliced bread
1. In medium sauce pan over medium to low temperature, add wine and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add butter, stir then add blackberries and salt to taste. Simmer to reduce liquid in half.
2. In small bowl, beat eggs
3. On medium, heat saute pan. Lightly grease with cooking oil and slab of butter.
4. Dip bread into beaten egg, covering both sides.
5. Place in saute pan, season with salt and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
6. Drizzle with blackberry syrup, top with whipped cream.
Note: Recipe makes 4 pieces of French Toast and serves 2 people.