Thursday, May 10, 2012
Mascarpone and Date Quiche with Escarole
1 cup escarole
2 TBS onion, diced
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
5 Egg Lands Best ex-large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
4 ozs mascarpone cheese
4 ozs feta cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large skillet, saute escarole and onion until soft, season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and saute for additional 2 mins.
2. In blender or food processor add eggs, milk, dates, cheeses, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Blend until full blended.
3. Add to greased pie dish (recipe makes two pies).
4. Add contents of escarole, onion and tomatoes in pie batter, spreading evenly.
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 50 mins, or until done.
Note: You will know the quiche is done by stabbing a knife in the center of the quiche and it comes out clean, not wet.