Thursday, July 18, 2013
Gluten Free Baked Eggplant with Tomato/Basil Topping
1 eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick rounds
2 eggs, beaten in small bowl
2 cups (gluten free)Panko style bread crumbs
1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped fine
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBS Cider Vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and slice eggplant.
3. Add beat eggs in small bowl.
4. Add crumbs to separate bowl.
5. Dip each eggplant rounds into egg. Flip to coat other side.
6. Dip into crumbs. Flip to cover other side. Repeat with remaining eggplant rounds.
7. Place on cookie sheet. Make sure pieces do not touch to assure crispiness surrounding pieces.
Bake in oven for approx.. 20 mins or until crispy.
8. In medium size bowl add tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, toss.
Note: Eggplant comes out so crispy that you can use as bread in bruschetta recipe.