Thursday, July 11, 2013
Sunrise Philly Potato Salad
2 1/2 lbs red skin potatoes, (skin on) cubed into approx. 1/2 inch cubes)
4 Tbs olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1/2 large sweet onion, diced
8 ozs mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
1 lb rib-eye steak, sliced wafer thin
4 Tbs butter
3 Tbs sugar
3 Tbs cider vinegar
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
Top with fried egg
Garnish with chopped scallions
1. In large pot of water (high heat), boil potatoes until soft. You will know potatoes are done when stabbing with knife, it gently goes through. Make sure to not overcook potatoes. They will mash up when tossing with hot liquid. Drain and add to large mixing bowl.
2. While potatoes are cooking, add oil to large skillet. Heat on medium heat.
3. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Sautee until soft.
4. Add steak and sauté until brown.
5. Add butter, sugar, vinegar, parm cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Toss for 1 minute. Make sure sugar in dissolved.
6. Add steak and vegetables to potatoes and toss gently.
7. Fried eggs to your liking.
8. Serve in individual dishes with egg on top. Garnish with scallions.