Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Mahi Mahi Puttanesca
1 lb favorite pasta, cooked and drained
4 mahi mahi steaks
4 TBS olive oil
1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
3 cloves garlic
1 can anchovies
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 white wine, for deglazing
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup calamata olives, chopped
2 TBS capers
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup artichoke hearts
1. Heat oil in large skillet on med. heat. Add mahi mahi steaks. Sear on both sides, 4 mins each. Remove and cover.
2. To pan, add onion and garlic. Sautee for 5-7 mins or until onions are translucent.
3. Add anchovy and pepper flakes. Cook down until broken down.
4. Deglaze with wine. Stir
5. Add crushed tomatoes, olives and capers. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer 20 mins.
6. Add mahi mahi steaks back to pan. Simmer for few mins on each side.
7. Serve with pasta and artichoke hearts, as garnish. Sprinkle with basil