Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Livers and dates with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
1 lb chicken livers, drained (approx. 20 pieces)
12 ozs bacon, sliced in half
1 cup dates, (approx. 10 ct) sliced in half lengthwise
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 stick melted butter, plus 1 TBS
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 TBS brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
4 ozs goat cheese crumbles
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 bag Dole Classic Romaine Lettuce
1. Heat grill to medium/high.
2. Drain chicken livers, trim and place in bowl.
3. Slice bacon in half, making smaller slices. Put aside.
4. Slice dates, lengthwise. Put side
5. Melt butter. Put aside
6. To assemble: Lay bacon slice down on flat surface. Place chicken liver on top of bacon. Place sliced date on top of chicken liver. Wrap bacon around until it overlaps. Secure with toothpick. Brush with melted butter. Spoon bread crumbs, slightly covering. Repeat process for remaining chicken liver wraps. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place on grill. Grill on all side until bacon is crispy. Remove from grill. Approx. 20 mins.
8. On side burner of grill heat (medium/high) balsamic vinegar, sugar and 1 TBS butter until reduced in half. Season with salt and pepper. Texture should be slightly thickened. (approx. 10-15 mins).
9. Serve chicken livers on bed of salad greens, drizzled with balsamic glaze and goat cheese. Garnish with cilantro. Serves 4-6