Thursday, July 31, 2014
Pecorino Romano Pasta
1 lbs spaghetti, cooked
1/4 lb pancetta, sautéed (put aside and chopped)
2 cups chicken broth, warm
3 TBS butter
1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (reserve some to garnish)
1/4 cup basil (reserve some for garnish)
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 coarse black pepper, or to taste
4 eggs, plus one per serving
1. In large pot on high, heat water for pasta. Cook al dente. Drain
2. In medium size skillet sauté pancetta. Remove from heat chop. Reserve grease.
3. After draining pasta use same pan to heat broth. Add butter, cheese, basil, salt, pepper and 4 eggs. Whisk and cook eggs. Add spaghetti back into pan and toss. Add most of the pancetta, reserving some for garnish.
4. Fried one egg per person in skillet with pancetta grease. (you can strain grease to remove dark bits). Toss remaining grease into pasta.
5. Plate spaghetti into plate. Top with extra pancetta, cheese and basil and one egg.