Sunday, August 9, 2015
Celery Panna Cotta
This recipe is so incredibly light and so tasty. I was not sure how I would enjoy the taste of celery in this very popular dessert. I was quite surprised on how delicious it was. It reminds me of an old fashioned vegetable jello salad. Perfect by itself or served on the side with any meat or seafood dish.
2 TBS olive oil
2 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin (approx 2 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1. Heat a large pot on med/high heat with oil. Add celery, cover and steam celery until soft. Approx. 10 mins. Add to food processor or blender and puree. Add back to pan
2. Add milk, cream, juice and zest. Bring to boil (approx. 5 mins).
3. Sprinkle gelatin over top, stir. Let dissolve (approx. 3 mins)
4. Add sugar and salt. Stir and let cook for 3 mins to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 mins.
5. Ladle into ramekins, small dishes or cups. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Note: Recipe and also be poured into a lightly greased gelatin mold